Your wedding is one of the most important days of your life. It’s such a big, meaningful event, and there are so many details to plan. Since it’s all about the bride and the groom, you want it to be a reflection of your relationship and personality. A great way to start the planning process is by picking a theme.
Having a theme will give you a central idea to tie back to. Modern, elegant, art deco, classic, and vintage are all popular choices, but rustic weddings specifically have become a staple in recent years.
Rustic weddings are characterized by countryside elements. Often, rustic weddings are held outdoors, in a field or in a barn. But regardless of the venue, weddings can take on a rustic theme by the wedding party’s attire and the little decor details. Here are the top 10 must-haves to give your wedding a rustic feel.
- Mason Jars: Decorating with mason jars gives the wedding a country-chic feel. Use them for flower vases, put lights in them, or serve drinks in them to stick to the theme.
- Cowboy Boots: Nothing says “country” like the bridal party in boots. King Ranch has a great selection of quality cowboy boots for both the men and women in your party.
- Wildflowers: Bouquets should look like they were picked right out of the field. This will add to the natural feel of the wedding.
- Burlap: Incorporate burlap into your centerpieces or use it as a table runner.
- Hay Bales: These make perfect seating for an outdoor ceremony. They also serve as great props for decor during the reception.
- Flower Crowns: For the bridesmaids, flower girls and even the bride. This style is another way to incorporate a tribute to nature within the wedding.
- Wooden Signs: A natural wood look complements this theme. Use wooden signs to point people to the ceremony and reception.
- Antlers: Incorporate antlers into your reception decor by using them as a frame for engagement photos.
- Tree-slice Coasters: These can make a great favor or add to the feel of each table setting.
- Twine: Use twine to wrap the handles your cake cutters or add it to centerpieces. It also goes well around the base of bouquets.