Gilt-edged formality or romantic florals? Crisp white or elegant champagne? Ornate type face or plain? Calligraphy? Embossing? Engraving? Invitation cards, RSVPs, wedding booklets for the church, place name cards for the reception – the wedding paper trail can be exhausting!
MyDreamWedding.ie offers some quick tips to get you out of a paper jam:
- Bewildered brides must start with their wedding theme and colour scheme when selected the stationary. An elaborate, blow-the-budget wedding should have an equally lavish invitation. A more informal wedding should have equally simple and informal stationary. Everything from the quality of your paper to the typeface should all reflect the theme, colour scheme and style of your big day.
- The wording should also be considered but the basic invitation must mention the wedding date, the couple getting married, church and reception details and an RSVP date and address. If there’s a specific dress code, state it in the invitation and directions or a small map to the church and reception is always a helpful addition. Couples can also opt to include a separate RSVP card and envelope and details, if any, of their wedding gift registry.
- The creative bride can create her own invitations with the help of companies such as Daintree Paper who stock all the most beautiful papers and trimmings from all over the world. The also creative staff from their store on Camden Street who can show you how to craft your own perfect wedding invitations.
- Or you leave it in the hands of a professional stationer such as Mochua Print & Design in Laois or Chanel in Dublin who will make beautiful uniquely designed wedding invitations for you.
- Make sure you get to proof read everything for spelling, dates, names and times before it goes to print.
- Make sure you accurately order as many as you need as having more printed can end up being costly.
- Since wedding invitations are sent about six weeks before the actual event, you need to make sure you order them well in advance. Not only do you need to wait for them to arrive, but you also need time to address them all.
Floral invitations Somebody Loved Shop on etsy
Lace invitation Inviting Moments on etsy