When you’re a bride, you have a lot on your plate. You have to figure out your venue, find the perfect dress, get a makeup artist, choose food, invite guests and — well, you get the idea. However, one part of your wedding planning that you shouldn’t forget about is getting gifts for your bridesmaids.
After all, your bridesmaids are on your team helping you get things done along the way! Below, we’ll give you some ideas for cute gifts for your bridal party they’re sure to appreciate.
1. Comfy shoes
Instead of having your bridal party fend for themselves when it comes to buying shoes for your wedding, consider getting them matching dressy flats. The best part? Your bridal party will be able to wear the shoes for tons of different occasions after your nuptials are over. Plus, dressy flats are fancy enough to wear out but casual enough to wear to a daytime event.
And, let’s be real: nobody wants to be that one bridesmaid that either has to go barefoot or take off her shoes due to uncomfortable high heels. Give your girl squad the gift of comfort so they can dance away the night without worrying about having an extra pair of shoes or carrying around band-aids.
2. A self-care box
As a bride, you might be incredibly stressed out trying to get all the details of your wedding under control. We don’t blame you if you forget all about the various stresses of your bridesmaids. But your bridal party might be under strain, as well. Maybe some women in your bridal party are traveling far distances or have to take time off work in order to attend your wedding, for example.
Recognize the sacrifices of your bridesmaids by gifting them a little self-care box at your hen party. Here are some cute things to include in the self-care box:
- Face masks: Choose a cute or funny face mask or go for an extra glamorous one like a 24k gold face mask.
- Relaxing candle: A relaxing candle in a scent like lavender or vanilla is the perfect gift for your bridesmaids.
- Mini bottle of champagne: A small bottle of bubbly is the perfect addition to a self-care box.
- A paper crown: Your bridesmaids might not be the star of the show but that doesn’t mean they aren’t princesses in their own right.
- An adult coloring book: If you have a stressed out bridal party on your hands, get those ladies to chill out with a good ol’ fashioned coloring book.
- Handcrafted, dark chocolate: Who could turn away a delicious bar of craft chocolate?
- Wildflower seeds: Show your bridesmaids you’re ready to watch them bloom with a cute packet of wildflower seeds.
3. A bridesmaid dress they can actually wear again
One consideration you might want to keep in mind when you’re choosing bridesmaid dresses is deciding on a style that can be worn outside of your wedding. You’ll also get bonus points if you simply give your bridesmaids a color to work with and set them out on their own to get a dress that best matches their personality.
4. A print-out of pictures from the hen party
Party favors are a great way to show your friends that you care. One of the best party favors is giving your guests printed-out photos from your hen weekend. You can use a service to print out your pictures from Instagram or invest in an instant film camera specifically for your special weekend and the big day.
5. Special jewellery for your big day
A very special gift you can give your bridesmaids is exquisite jewellery for your big day. For example, depending on the colors of the bridesmaids’ dresses and the colors of your wedding, you can gift your gal pals with either silver or gold necklaces. They don’t have to be exorbitantly expensive, just simple tokens of your appreciation!
When you’re preparing for your wedding, you might be overwhelmed with what seems like a never-ending to-do list. But while you’re in the middle of trying to figure out what flavor you want for your cake and the color palette of your wedding, don’t forget about your amazing bridesmaids and making them feel special. With these gifts, they’ll be sure to feel appreciated and ready to celebrate with you on your big day.